Plans have changed.

If I were to do a full cycle, my retrieval would be around the time my back up at work would be on vacation for two weeks, so I’d have to wait. I have my summer vacation in August, and I don’t want to be stimming or unable to swim because of ER, so I’d have to wait more. If I do wait to do the full cycle, I’d have to put it the transfer off until November or December, because I have weddings scheduled early summer 2017 already and I’d like to be there to photograph them. Ugh. So we’ve switched to an FET. I called and the nurse spoke to Dr. Plante for me. They send the paperwork and we’ve signed off on it. I hate that so many factors are deciding when I try and have a baby. Sigh. I hope I made the right choice.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “Plans have changed.

1. unplannedinfertility says:

Ugh. That sucks. Sometimes it bothers me because so many people can become pregnant and none of those things would matter, like having to plan around swimming and stuff, but because we have retrievals and drugs to worry about, we end up literally planning it and when you’re actually making the decisions (instead of mother nature), there’s all this extra doubt in ourselves. All you can do is try and figure out what feels right to you in the now. And no matter if it works or not, you have to keep in mind that you made the best decision you could for yourself at the time. I wish you so much luck!!! When do you start? I’m just waiting for CD1 to show so I can start FET with Dr. V.

Liked by 1 person

• ourfrigginivfjourney says:

Thank you so much! Well I’m waiting for the approval from my insurance, and after that I’m guessing they will give me a stop date for my BCP, then I’ll have another period, and then start officially down the road. I wish you so much luck too 🙂 Hopefully we transfer around the same time and can be transfer buddies!

Liked by 1 person

• unplannedinfertility says:

That would be fun, but your stuff would have to come through reeeeaaaaalllly fast for that to happen! Hahaha. I took my last BC on Monday and I expect CD1 to be tomorrow or Sunday (which totally sucks because I was planning on wearing white shorts for a 4th of July outfit to a cookout tomorrow! hahah)

Liked by 1 person

• unplannedinfertility says:

I was just thinking, I’m talking back and forth with you and another girl on my post, I wonder if everyone is at work just waiting for 5 o’clock to hit… I’m already out mentally, but I’ve got to sit here til 5. haha. And there’s this really cute pair of red shorts at the Loft outlet right now with that sailor style buttons on the sides, but they didn’t have them in my size. So I have white instead! hahaha Maybe I’ll risk it and just go to the bathroom REALLY often!

Liked by 1 person

• ourfrigginivfjourney says:

That’s playing with fire! I’m out mentally as well, I’ve been working pretty much nonstop between my day job and my photography job so I am BEAT. It’s like two full time jobs. I make comments while I wait for patients 😉

Liked by 1 person

• unplannedinfertility says:

Guess we’ll see how daring I’m feeling tomorrow! I don’t think my fourth of July shirt will match any of my other shorts.
        I feel ‘ya. I worked as a waitress in addition to my full time job for the past year and a half. I stopped at Easter. I knew I couldn’t deal with the stress of that on top of treatment. And I wouldn’t have been able to do shots at a regular time every day. So now money’s tight, but I kinda don’t care. It is what it is. Getting to Baby J is more important!
        I work at a small credit union so we have to stay open, but it’s just me and my 2 tellers for the rest of the day. I might crack open a book, it’s so dead in here!